Monday, March 30, 2015

Fun and Games

Costumes for Coppelia are starting to arrive so I got fitted for both the Duke as well Mazurka and Czardas last weekend. There is something about putting me in green costumes. Last Nutcracker had me in a light green coat and pants and I got a little kidding about looking like a leprechaun, welp the Duke’s costume is green, deep emerald green jacket, knickers and a top hat and to my disappointment no cape. Sigh.

The Mazurka and Czardas costuming is nothing more than a vest and tights. The costume mistress had a gleam in her eye when she told me that the part of the costume included tights that matched the color of the vest thinking it might embarrass me a little. With a straight face I replied back that I guess I will need to buy a dance belt suitable for stage. Don’t think she realized that I have been on stage before in tights in the past. Now the other guy in the Mazurka might have a problem with wearing tights, would like to see his face when he gets fitted and informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment